If you are a fan of nut butter and regularly buy it at the supermarket you would know how expensive that small jar is. Why waste money on such a small jar which is not even healthy when you can make it at home with very few quick and easy steps. Homemade nut butter is tastier, healthier and costs a lot less than what you would get from the store. Food processor is the best appliance to make nut butter but if you don’t have one, a good quality, high powered blender will do the job just fine.
Here is a recipe with which you can make your own fresh jar of homemade almond butter with only 2 ingredients and with your trusty blender. You need to have a best blender from reputable manufacturer to handle the task, otherwise it can be difficult for you. I would recommend Vitamix or Blendtec. If you don’t have yet best blender, check out blender reviews to buy one. Make sure that the motor is at least 500 watts otherwise it will not be able to handle the task.
2 cups roasted almonds
1 tsp salt
- Lay a cookie sheet on an oven dish. Lay the almonds over it.
- Roast them for 15 minutes at 350 degrees in a preheated oven. Keep checking to avoid burning of your nuts.
- Take the nuts out of the oven and let them cool at room temperature. Do not go to the next step until your nuts have completely cooled down.
- Transfer the roasted nuts to your blender jar.
- Close the lid tightly.
- Turn the blender on with its speed on high.
- Blend till the butter becomes smooth and creamy.
- Make sure not to leave the blender on for too long. Blend for 30 seconds and turn it off. Turn it back on and blend for another 30 seconds. Continue doing this till you get the right consistency. If left on for longer than 1 minute time, you will risk overheating of motor.
- Add the salt after you get a smooth butter. Blend for a further 30 seconds.
- When your butter is ready, transfer it to an airtight jar. Allow it to cool for sometime at room temperature and then store it in the refrigerator.
- This recipe will make a thick consistency of nut butter. If you prefer thinner consistencies, you can add 1-2 tbsp of some neutral light tasting oil.
- You can add flavorings like vanilla essence or sugar to your butter. Add your flavorings towards the end after you get a smooth butter. Blend the butter with the flavorings for 30 seconds to get a uniform paste.
- Do not overfill your jar with nuts because they will be a burden on the motor. If you have a 48 oz container, do not add more than 2 cups of nuts.
Your blender can perform a long list of tasks besides making smoothies and milkshakes. Nut butter is just one of them. For making smoothies and shakes, it is highly recommended that you have a hand blender, don’t have no problem. You can find hand blender reviews online easily to select the best immersion hand blender..